This blog is to inform you the recent changes which have been implemented by the Indian Government (Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi) for availing the OCI Services. The OCI portal has been updated for various OCI Miscellaneous Services which are mentioned in the body of this email.
- To avail of Miscellaneous Service, you must be an existing OCI Card Holder.
- The existing OCI cardholders can now avail the online services for updating the details in their OCI card.
- These details shall be updated into the OCI system records after the completion of the whole process.
- However, not all services are applied and completed online. Please read the below email for more detailed information:
Scenario A: Which miscellaneous services can be applied online for the existing OCI Card (but a physical OCI card is NOT issued)?
- In case of applicant’s change of address
- In case of change in applicant’s OCI card photograph.
- In case of issuance of a New Passport (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
- In case of change in the applicant’s Contact details / Occupation.
- The process of updating the above details can be done at the online application portal. Physical re-issuance of OCI cards will not be applicable in such cases. These services are gratis in nature.
- After the details are updated in OCI records, the applicant will receive a receipt from the OCI officials stating that the required changes in the applicant’s OCI card have been successfully done.
- The immigration officials at the airport will then be able to see the updated details of the applicant on their OCI system records.
Scenario B: Which miscellaneous services can be applied online for the existing OCI Card (and physical OCI card is issued)?
- In case of issuance of a new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age)
- In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, father’s name, nationality, etc.
- In case of loss/damage of OCI card.
- In the above scenario, a physical OCI card with updated details will be issued to the applicant.
- Also, Govt fee will be applicable for such applications.
Support which we can provide to you in both the above-mentioned scenarios:
- Assistance with entire documents preparation.
- Filling up the application form.
- Handle entire communication of the OCI update process.
- Keep the applicant informed about all the updates regarding the application.
- Assistance with the Police Verification process at the local police station.
- Follow-up with OCI office for tracking the status of the submitted application.